Connecticut Lottery General Information
Connecticut Lotteries Drawing Days and Times
The following table lists the drawing schedule of all Connecticut lottery games. Drawing times are local and approximate.
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Time|
|Play3 Day||Everyday||2 p.m|
|Play3 Night||Everyday||10:30 p.m|
|Play4 Day||Everyday||2 p.m|
|Play4 Night||Everyday||10:30 p.m|
|Classic Lotto||Tuesday and Friday||10:38 p.m|
|Powerball||Wednesday and Saturday||11 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Tuesday and Friday||11 p.m.|
|Lucky for Life||Monday and Thursday||10:38 p.m|
Connecticut Lottery Games - Types, Top Prizes, Odds
The following is a compact summary of each Connecticut lottery game. It includes a brief description of how to play a game, the top
prizes/jackpots, and the odds of winning the top prize. You can click on a game name for detailed information.
|Game||Game Type||Top Pize||Top Pize Odds|
|Play3||Select 3-digits 000 to 999||$500||1 in 1,000|
|Play4||Select 4-digits 0000 to 9999||$5,000||1 in 10,000|
|Cash5||Select 5 numbers from 1 to 35||$100,000||1 in 324,632|
|Classic Lotto||Select 6 numbers from 1 to 44||$1,000,000|
|1 in 7,059,052|
|Powerball||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 59 |
+ 1 red Power Ball number, 1 through 35
|1 in 175,223,510|
|Mega Millions||Select 5 white numbers, 1 through 56 |
+ 1 Megaball number, 1 through 46
|1 in 175,711,536|
|Lucky for Life||Select 5 numbers from 1 to 40 |
+ 1 Lucky Ball, 1 to 21
|$1,000 a day for life|
|1 in 13,818,168|
Top prizes listed with "rollover" are the starting amount. The Jackpot prizes will grow after every draw until someone wins.
Pari-mutuel prize structure means players' winnings are determined by dividing the prize pool allocated for that winning category by the
number of winners.
Connecticut Lottery General Rules and Regulations
The following are the most prominent rules and regulations that the player should be aware of before playing the Connecticut lottery games.
- You must be 18 years or older to purchase Connecticut Lottery tickets.
- Verify your tickets at time of purchase. Powerball, Classic Lotto, Mega Millions®, Cash5 and Lucky for Life tickets cannot be
canceled and all sales are final.
- Sign the back of your lottery ticket as soon as you purchase it to establish ownership.
- Wagering on credit is prohibited.
- Connecticut Lottery prizes must be claimed within 180 days from the drawing date.
- Please see also the Connecticut Lottery FAQ page
Claiming Prizes of the Connecticut Lottery
Here are the steps you have to follow if you are a lucky winner of any Connecticut lottery,
For more information claiming prizes click here
- Sign the ticket in the space provided on the ticket back.
- You have 180 days from the draw date to claim a prize
- Prizes of $599 or less per ticket: Can be redeemed at any CT Lottery Retailer location
- Prizes of $5,000 or less per ticket can be redeemed at any High-Tier
Claim Center or Lottery Headquarters. Please bring 2 forms of signed ID, one of which must be a photo ID, when claiming at
- All prizes of more than $5,000 must be redeemed at our Rocky Hill Headquarters. Please bring 2 forms of signed ID, one of
which must be a photo ID.
- Prizes of less than $100,000 can be redeemed by mail. Complete the information requested on the back of the ticket. Then,
make a photocopy of both sides of the ticket(s) for your records. Please note that prizes claimed by mail are processed in the
order in which they are received.
Mail winning tickets to: CT Lottery Claims Department, 777 Brook Street, Rocky Hill, CT 06067
- CT Lottery is required by law to report and withhold Federal income taxes and Connecticut state income tax on all gambling
winnings valued at more than $5,000, In addition, the CT Lottery is required to report to the IRS, gambling winnings of $600 or
more AND at least 300 times the amount of the wager.
Click here for more information on CT Lottery taxes on prizes
Where do the Connecticut Lottery profits go?
Billion has been distributed to Medicaid, Department of Education, State Service, Debt Service, Corrections, Human Services,
Health & Hospitals, Higher Education, etc.
Click here for more information on CT Lottery beneficiaries.
Information on Each Connecticut Lottery Game
Further information on each Connecticut lottery lottery game such as how to play, how to win, prizes, etc., is available on
this site at the following pages.
US-Lotteries.com is not in any way affiliated with the Connecticut Lottery. The information listed here is just a summary of important facts
extracted from Connecticut Lottery web site. The main purpose of US-Lotteries.com is to present statistics and analysis of winning numbers, plus, online
tools and calculators such as wheels and combinations generators. Click below to see the contents of the tools available for each game.
Lucky for Life