Delaware Lottery General Information
The Delaware Lottery plays four state drawn game - Play 3 (with day and night draws), Play 4
(with day and night draws), Multi-win Lotto, and Delaware Cash 5.
Plus, three multiple-state games - Powerball, Mega Millions, and Hot Lotto.
Compared to other states, Delaware offers a fairly wide variety of lottery games.
This page is a quick reference, or a summary of the most relevant information contained in the Delaware Lottery
web site. Links to details are provided for more pertinent information.
On this page...
Delaware Lotteries Drawing Days and Times
The following table lists the drawing schedule of all Delaware lottery games. Drawing times are local and approximate.
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Time|
|Play 3 Day||Everyday except Sunday||2 p.m|
|Play 3 Night||Everyday||8 p.m|
|Play 4 Day||Everyday except Sunday||2 p.m|
|Play 4 Night||Everyday||8 p.m|
|Multi-win Lotto||Monday, Wednesday and Friday||8 p.m.|
|Cash 5||Tuesday and Saturday||8 p.m.|
|Powerball||Wednesday and Saturday||11 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Tuesday and Friday||11 p.m.|
|Hot Lotto||Wednesday and Saturday||10:40 p.m.|
Delaware Lottery Games - Types, Top Prizes, Odds
The following is a compact summary of each Delaware lottery game. It includes a brief description of how to play a game, the top
prizes/jackpots, and the odds of winning the top prize. You can click on a game name for detailed information.
|Game||Game Type||Top Pize||Top Pize Odds|
|Play 3||Select 3-digits 000 to 999||$500||1 in 1,000|
|Play 4||Select 4-digits 0000 to 9999||$5,000||1 in 10,000|
|Multi-win Lotto||Select 6 numbers from 1 to 35||$50,000|
|1 in 1,623,160|
|Cash 5||Select 5 numbers from 1 to 33||$25,000 +|
|1 in 237,336|
|Powerball||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 59 |
+ 1 red Powerball number, 1 through 39
|1 in 195,249,054|
|Mega Millions||Select 5 white numbers, 1 through 56 |
+ 1 Megaball number, 1 through 46
|1 in 175,711,536|
|Hot Lotto||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 39 |
+ 1 hot ball number, 1 through 19
|1 in 10,939,383|
Top prizes listed with "rollover" are the starting amount. The Jackpot prizes will grow after every draw until someone wins.
Pari-mutuel prize structure means players' winnings are determined by dividing the prize pool allocated for that winning category by the
number of winners.
Delaware Lottery General Rules and Regulations
The following are the most prominent rules and regulations that the player should be aware of before playing the Delaware lottery games.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to buy Delaware Lottery tickets and claim prizes.
- Ticket is void if stolen, unissued, mutilated, illegible, altered in any way, defective or incomplete. The Lottery is not
responsible for lost or stolen tickets.
- Players are responsible for checking their tickets before leaving the Retailer location. A Play 3, Play 4 or Multi-Win Lotto
ticket may be cancelled only if presented before the drawing to the Retailer where it was originally purchased.
Powerball, Mega Millions, and Hot Lotto tickets cannot be cancelled.
- You must fill in your name, address and phone number on the back of your winning ticket before you file a prize claim
- All Delaware Lottery prizes must be claimed within one year from date of drawing.
- Please see also the Delaware Lottery Rules and Regulations page
Claiming Prizes of the Delaware Lottery
Here are the steps you have to follow if you are a lucky winner of any Delaware lottery,
- Sign the ticket in the space provided on the ticket back. This prevents anyone else from claiming your prize.
- Prizes must be claimed within one year from the date of the drawing
- If your prize is $599 or less, take your ticket to any Delaware Lottery Retailer to claim your prize. Or mail your ticket to
the Delaware Lottery Office. A check will be mailed to you.
- If your prize is $600 to $5,000, you can claim your prize during business hours at redemption centers located in Wilmington,
Dover, and Georgetown.
- If your prize is $5,001 or more, you can claim your prize at the Delaware Lottery Office any business day from 8 a.m.
to 4 p.m. Please bring a photo I.D. and your Social Security card.
The Delaware Lottery Office is located at: Delaware Lottery, 1575 McKee Road, Suite 102, Dover, DE 19904
- All winning Delaware Lottery tickets are subject to Delaware Income Tax. Prizes with a value of more than $5,000 are subject
to Federal withholding at time of claim
Click here for more information on claiming prizes
Where do the Delaware Lottery profits go?
The Delaware Lottery contributes its profits to the State General Fund. The Lottery's contributions to the General Fund help
to pay for vital state services that would otherwise require funding through additional tax dollars. The General Fund finances the
majority of state services in Delaware, including:
Public and higher education
Health and social services
Judicial and corrections
Child, youth and family services
Natural resources and environmental control
Click here formore information
Information on Each Delaware Lottery Game
Further information on each Delaware lottery lottery game such as how to play, how to win, prizes, etc., is available on
this site at the following pages.
US-Lotteries.com is not in any way affiliated with the Delaware Lottery. The information listed here is just a summary of important facts
extracted from Delaware Lottery web site. The main purpose of US-Lotteries.com is to present statistics and analysis of winning numbers, plus, online
tools and calculators such as wheels and combinations generators. Click below to see the contents of the tools available for each game.
Delaware Cash 5