Florida Lottery General Information
The Florida Lottery plays five state drawn game - Cash 3 (with midday and evening draws), Play 4
(with midday and evening drawss), Fantasy 5, Mega Money, and Lotto.
Plus, one multiple-state games - Powerball.
Compared to other states, the Florida offers fairlly high variety of lottery games.
Drawings for FLORIDA LOTTO™, MEGA MONEY®, FANTASY 5®, PLAY 4™ and CASH 3® are held at the Florida Lottery draw studio,
located at 250 Marriott Drive in Tallahassee. These drawings are open to the public.
This page is a quick reference, or a summary of the most relevant information contained in the Florida Lottery
web site. Links to details are provided for more pertinent information.
On this page...
Florida Lotteries Drawing Days and Times
The following table lists the drawing schedule of all Florida lottery games. Drawing times are local and approximate.
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Time|
|Cash 3 Day||Everyday||1:30 p.m|
|Cash 3 Evening||Everyday||8 p.m|
|Play 4 Day||Everyday||1:30 p.m|
|Play 4 Evening||Everyday||8 p.m|
|Fantasy 5||Everyday||11:15 p.m|
|Mega Money||Tuesday and Friday||11:15 p.m|
|Lotto||Wednesday and Saturday||11:15 p.m.|
|Powerball||Wednesday and Saturday||11 p.m.|
Want to watch draws? Florida Lottery draw videos.
Also, TV stations are listed here
Florida Lottery Games - Types, Top Prizes, Odds
The following is a compact summary of each Florida lottery game. It includes a brief description of how to play a game, the top
prizes/jackpots, and the odds of winning the top prize. You can click on a game name for detailed information.
|Game||Game Type||Top Pize||Top Pize Odds|
|Cash 3||Select 3-digits 000 to 999||$500||1 in 1,000|
|Play 4||Select 4-digits 0000 to 9999||$5,000||1 in 10,000|
|Fantasy 5||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 36||$200,000 +|
|1 in 376,992|
|Mega Money||Select 4 numbers, 1 through 44 |
+ 1 Megaball number, 1 through 22
|1 in 2,986,522|
|Lotto||Select 6 numbers, 1 through 53||$2,000,000 +|
|1 in 22,957,480|
|Powerball||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 59 |
+ 1 red Powerball number, 1 through 39
|1 in 195,249,054|
Top prizes listed with "rollover" are the starting amount. The Jackpot prizes will grow after every draw until someone wins.
Pari-mutuel prize structure means players' winnings are determined by dividing the prize pool allocated for that winning category by the
number of winners.
Florida Lottery General Rules and Regulations
The following are the most prominent rules and regulations that the player should be aware of before playing the Florida lottery games.
- Florida Lottery players must be 18 years of age or older.
- Tickets are ONLY available for purchase at authorized Florida Lottery Agent Locations. Tickets are not sold by mail or through the Internet
- The following cannot play Florida Lottery games : Anyone under the age of 18, Florida Lottery employees, relatives of
Florida Lottery employees living in the same household as the employee and certain employees of vendors who provide goods and
services to the Florida Lottery.
- The FL Lottery is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. You should sign the back of your ticket in ink and take
appropriate measures to safeguard it. Unless signed, anyone in possession of the ticket may file a claim.
- Please see also the Florida Lottery FAQ page
Claiming Prizes of the Florida Lottery
Here are the steps you have to follow if you are a lucky winner of any Florida lottery,
- All Florida Lottery On-line games (CASH 3, PLAY 4, FANTASY 5, MEGA MONEY, FLORIDA LOTTO and POWERBALL) prizes must be claimed
within 180 days of the applicable draw date.
- Prizes of $599.99 or less may be redeemed at any Florida Lottery retailer
- Prizes from $600 to $250,000, and POWERBALL prizes of up to $1 million, may be redeemed at a Lottery district office.
- Prizes of $250,000 or more, with the exception of POWERBALL prizes ranging up to $1 million, must be claimed at Lottery
headquarters in Tallahassee.
- A Winner Claim Form will need to be completed for prizes of $600 or more. These may be obtained from any Florida Lottery retailer,
district office or on this Web site.
- Lottery tickets may also be mailed to Lottery headquarters for redemption; however, the risk of mailing tickets remains with the player.
- The Internal Revenue Service requires that the Florida Lottery withhold 25% federal withholding tax from prizes greater than $5,000 if
the winner is a citizen or resident alien of the U.S. with a Social Security number. Withholding will be 30% for nonresident aliens
- The Internal Revenue Service requires the Florida Lottery to report all winnings for $600 and above for U.S. citizens and resident aliens.
For further information, please see the
Florida lottery FAQ page.
Where do the Florida Lottery profits go?
Proceeds from every dollar spent on Florida Lottery tickets help provide educational funding for Florida’s school children.
Whether it’s Bright Futures scholarships, better books, technology for schools, or bonds for school construction, the proceeds
from Florida Lottery ticket sales are transferred to the Educational Enhancement Trust Fund (EETF) and appropriated by
the Florida Legislature.
More information can be found at:
Information on Each Florida Lottery Game
Further information on each Florida lottery lottery game such as how to play, how to win, prizes, etc., is available on
this site at the following pages.
US-Lotteries.com is not in any way affiliated with the Florida Lottery. The information listed here is just a summary of important facts
extracted from Florida Lottery web site. The main purpose of US-Lotteries.com is to present statistics and analysis of winning numbers, plus, online
tools and calculators such as wheels and combinations generators. Click below to see the contents of the tools available for each game.