Idaho Lottery General Information
Idaho Lotteries Drawing Days and Times
The following table lists the drawing schedule of all Idaho lottery games. Drawing times are local and approximate.
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Time|
|Pick 3 Day||Everyday||2 p.m|
|Pick 3 Evening||Everyday||8 p.m|
|Weekly Grand||Wednesday and Saturday||8 p.m|
|Powerball||Wednesday and Saturday||9 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Tuesday and Friday||9 p.m|
|Hot Lotto||Wednesday and Saturday||8:40 p.m.|
|Wild Card2||Wednesday and Saturday||8:40 p.m.|
Idaho Lottery Games - Types, Top Prizes, Odds
The following is a compact summary of each Idaho lottery game. It includes a brief description of how to play a game, the top
prizes/jackpots, and the odds of winning the top prize. You can click on a game name for detailed information.
|Game||How to Play||Top Prize||Top Prize Odds|
|Pick 3||Select 3-digits 000 to 999||$600||1 in 1,000|
|Weekly Grand||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 32||$1,000 a week for one year,|
all taxes paid
|1 in 201,376|
|Powerball||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 59 |
+ 1 Powerball number, 1 through 35
|1 in 195,249,054|
|Mega Millions||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 56 |
+ 1 Megaball number, 1 through 46
|1 in 175,711,536|
|Hot Lotto||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 39 |
+ 1 Hot Ball number, 1 through 19
|1 in 10,939,383|
|Wild Card2||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 31 |
+ 1 Card Face, from 16 combinatios
|1 in 2,718,576|
Top prizes listed with "rollover" are the starting amount. The Jackpot prizes will grow after every draw until someone wins.
Pari-mutuel prize structure means players' winnings are determined by dividing the prize pool allocated for that winning category by the
number of winners.
Video of How to play Idaho Lottery games is available here.
Idaho Lottery General Rules and Regulations
The following are the most prominent rules and regulations that the player should be aware of before playing the Idaho lottery games.
- Idaho Lottery players must be 18 years of age or older.
- You do not have to be an Idaho resident or a citizen of the USA to play and win.
- By law You cannnot buy tickets on the internet or through the mail.
- The ticket, not the playslip, shall be the only valid proof of the selections made and the only valid instrument for claiming a prize.
- As required by Idaho law, the Lottery automatically deducts Federal and State income taxes from your winnings of prizes over
$5,000. The Federal tax rate is 25% and the State of Idaho tax rate is 7.8%. The Lottery is also required to report winnings of
$600 or over to the IRS, although they do not deduct taxes until the prize exceeds $5,000.
- You can see the Idaho Lottery FAQ page.
Claiming Prizes of the Idaho Lottery
Here are the steps you have to follow if you are a lucky winner of any Idaho lottery,
- Idaho Lottery players have 180 days from the draw date to claim their prize. If a prize is not claimed within 180 days,
it is transferred to the dividend fund.
- You may claim prizes in person or by mail.
- Prizes of $599 or less may be claimed at any Idaho Lottery retailer.
- Prizes of $600 or more may be claimed by either mailing the ticket and the winner's claim form and addendum, or by stopping
in to the Idaho Lottery headquarters. You must include a copy of a drivers license or government issued picture ID with a completed
claim form and addendum
- All Idaho Lottery prizes are subject to state and federal income taxes.
For further information and for procedures on how to claim your prize by mail, please see the
Idaho lottery How to Claim page
and Idaho lottery Winner’s Guidebook.
Where do the Idaho Lottery profits go?
Lottery dividends are shared by Idaho’s Public School Building Account and the Permanent Building Fund.
More information can be found at: here
Information on Each Idaho Lottery Game
Further information on each Idaho lottery lottery game such as how to play, how to win, prizes, etc., is available on
this site at the following pages.
US-Lotteries.com is not in any way affiliated with the Idaho Lottery. The information listed here is just a summary of important facts
extracted from Idaho Lottery web site. The main purpose of US-Lotteries.com is to present statistics and analysis of winning numbers, plus, online
tools and calculators such as wheels and combinations generators. Click below to see the contents of the tools available for each game.