Kansas Lottery General Information
Kansas Lotteries Drawing Days and Times
The following table lists the drawing schedule of all Kansas lottery games. Drawing times are local and approximate.
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Time|
|Pick 3||Everyday||9:10 p.m|
|Kansas Cash||Monday, Wednesday, Saturday||9:10 p.m|
|Powerball||Wednesday and Saturday||10 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Tuesday and Friday||10 p.m|
|Hot Lotto||Wednesday and Saturday||9:40 p.m.|
|2By2||Wednesday and Saturday||9:20 p.m.|
Kansas Lottery Games - Types, Top Prizes, Odds
The following is a compact summary of each Kansas lottery game. It includes a brief description of how to play a game, the top
prizes/jackpots, and the odds of winning the top prize. You can click on a game name for detailed information.
|Game||How to Play||Top Prize||Top Prize Odds|
|Pick 3||Select 3-digits 000 to 999||$500||1 in 1,000|
|Kansas Cash||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 32 |
+ 1 Cashball number, 1 through 25
|Progressive jackpot||1 in 2,517,200|
|Powerball||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 59 |
+ 1 Powerball number, 1 through 39
|1 in 195,249,054|
|Mega Millions||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 56 |
+ 1 Megaball number, 1 through 46
|1 in 175,711,536|
|Hot Lotto||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 39 |
+ 1 Hot Ball number, 1 through 19
|1 in 10,939,383|
|2By2||Select 2 Red numbers, 1 through 26 |
+ 2 White numbers, 1 through 26
|1 in 2,718,576|
Top prizes listed with "rollover" are the starting amount. The Jackpot prizes will grow after every draw until someone wins.
Pari-mutuel prize structure means players' winnings are determined by dividing the prize pool allocated for that winning category by the
number of winners.
Kansas Lottery General Rules and Regulations
The following are the most prominent rules and regulations that the player should be aware of before playing the Kansas lottery games.
- Kansas Lottery players must be 18 years of age or older.
- Employees and family members of Lottery employees are restricted from purchasing Kansas Lottery tickets or claiming a winning Lottery ticket.
- You do not have to be an Kansas resident or a citizen of the USA to play and win.
- By law you cannnot buy tickets on the internet or through the mail.
- The ticket, not the playslip, shall be the only valid proof of the selections made and the only valid instrument for claiming a prize.
- As required by Kansas law, the Lottery automatically deducts Federal and State income taxes from your winnings of prizes over
$5,000. The Federal tax rate is 25% and the State of Kansas tax rate is 5%.
- You can see the Kansas Lottery FAQ page.
Claiming Prizes of the Kansas Lottery
Here are the steps you have to follow if you are a lucky winner of any Kansas lottery,
- Kansas Lottery players have 180 days from the draw date to claim their prize. If a prize is not claimed within 180 days,
it remains in the prize fund. It shall then be added to the prizes in subsequent Lottery games.
- You may claim prizes in person or by mail.
- Prizes of $599 or less may be claimed at any Kansas Lottery retailer.
- Prizes of $600 or more must be be claimed at the Great Bend regional Lottery office or the Kansas Lottery headquarters in Topeka.
You must complete a claim form for prizes of $600 or more.
- For prizes of $5,001 and over, bring or mail your ticket and a completed claim form to a Kansas Lottery office. A check will
be mailed to you, or you may request an electronic deposit directly into your bank account.
- All Kansas Lottery prizes are subject to state and federal income taxes.
For further information and for procedures on how to claim your prize by mail, please see the
Kansas lottery How to Claim page
Where do the Kansas Lottery profits go?
Kansas Lottery profits are distributed to:
- Economic Development Initiatives Fund
- Juvenile Detention Facilities Fund
- Correctional Institutions Building Fund
- Problem Gambling Grant Fund
- State General Fund
More information can be found at: here
Information on Each Kansas Lottery Game
Further information on each Kansas lottery lottery game such as how to play, how to win, prizes, etc., is available on
this site at the following pages.
US-Lotteries.com is not in any way affiliated with the Kansas Lottery. The information listed here is just a summary of important facts
extracted from Kansas Lottery web site. The main purpose of US-Lotteries.com is to present statistics and analysis of winning numbers, plus, online
tools and calculators such as wheels and combinations generators. Click below to see the contents of the tools available for each game.