Kentucky Lottery General Information
Kentucky Lotteries Drawing Days and Times
The following table lists the drawing schedule of all Kentucky lottery games. Drawing times are local and approximate.
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Time|
|Pick 3 Day||Everyday except Sunday||1:25 p.m|
|Pick 3 Evening||Everyday||11 p.m|
|Pick 4 Day||Everyday except Sunday||1:25 p.m|
|Pick 4 Evening||Everyday||11 p.m|
|Kentucky Cash Ball||Everyday except Sunday||11 p.m|
|Powerball||Wednesday and Saturday||11 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Tuesday and Friday||11 p.m|
|Decades of Dollars||Monday and Thursday||11 p.m.|
Kentucky Lottery Games - Types, Top Prizes, Odds
The following is a compact summary of each Kentucky lottery game. It includes a brief description of how to play a game, the top
prizes/jackpots, and the odds of winning the top prize. You can click on a game name for detailed information.
|Game||How to Play||Top Prize||Top Prize Odds|
|Pick 3||Select 3-digits 000 to 999||$600||1 in 1,000|
|Pick 4||Select 4-digits 0000 to 9999||$5,000||1 in 10,000|
|Kentucky Cash Ball||Select 4 numbers, 1 through 33 |
+ 1 Cashball number, 1 through 31
|$200,000||1 in 1,268,520|
|Powerball||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 59 |
+ 1 Powerball number, 1 through 35
|1 in 175,223,510|
|Mega Millions||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 56 |
+ 1 Megaball number, 1 through 46
|1 in 175,711,536|
|Decades of Dollars||Select 6 numbers, 1 through 47||$250,000/year for 30 years, or $4,000,000||1 in 10,737,573|
Top prizes listed with "rollover" are the starting amount. The Jackpot prizes will grow after every draw until someone wins.
Pari-mutuel prize structure means players' winnings are determined by dividing the prize pool allocated for that winning category by the
number of winners.
Kentucky Lottery General Rules and Regulations
The following are the most prominent rules and regulations that the player should be aware of before playing the Kentucky lottery games.
- Kentucky Lottery players must be 18 years of age or older.
- Kentucky Lottery tickets should not be purchased over the phone and cannot be legally purchased over the Internet. Buy your
tickets in person only from authorized Kentucky Lottery retailers
- The ticket, not the playslip, shall be the only valid proof of the selections made and the only valid instrument for claiming a prize.
- Always check your purchases. Tickets for games which have the numbers drawn, except for Powerball, Mega Millions, and Win For Life,
can be canceled within 30 minutes of purchase and before draw-break.
- Always sign your name to the back of your ticket(s). This will help protect your claim in the event you win.
You can see the Kentucky Lottery FAQ page,
or Kentucky Lottery PLAY IT SMART page
Claiming Prizes of the Kentucky Lottery
Here are the steps you have to follow if you are a lucky winner of any Kentucky lottery,
- Kentucky Lottery players have 180 days from the draw date to claim their prize. If a prize is not claimed within 180 days,
it goes to the Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES) reserve fund.
- You may claim prizes in person or by mail.
- Prizes up to $600 may be claimed at any Kentucky Lottery retailer.
- Prizes over $600 will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and you will receive a W2-G for tax purposes
- Never allow a retailer to charge you a fee, commission, or tax for cashing your ticket(s). If this occurs, contact the
Kentucky Lottery Division of Security immediately.
- Prizes up to $5,000 may be claimed at any authorized Kentucky Lottery Cashing Agent. Call the Kentucky Lottery's Customer
Service Department at (502) 560-1500 for the cashing agent nearest you.
- Prizes up to $25,000 may only be claimed at the Madisonville, Prestonsburg, or Lexington regional offices or the Louisville
- Prizes over $25,000 must be claimed at the Kentucky Lottery Corporate Headquarters located at 1011 West Main Street in Louisville.
- All Kentucky Lottery prizes are subject to state and federal income taxes.
For further information and for procedures on how to claim your prize by mail, please see the
Kentucky lottery How to Claim page
Where do the Kentucky Lottery profits go?
Kentucky Lottery profits go to college grants and scholarships.
The Kentucky Educational Excellence Scholarship (KEES) Program, the College Access Program and the Kentucky Tuition Grants
Program are the main beneficiaries of the Kentucky Lottery.
More information can be found at: here
Information on Each Kentucky Lottery Game
Further information on each Kentucky lottery lottery game such as how to play, how to win, prizes, etc., is available on
this site at the following pages.
US-Lotteries.com is not in any way affiliated with the Kentucky Lottery. The information listed here is just a summary of important facts
extracted from Kentucky Lottery web site. The main purpose of US-Lotteries.com is to present statistics and analysis of winning numbers, plus, online
tools and calculators such as wheels and combinations generators. Click below to see the contents of the tools available for each game.
Decades of Dollars