Louisiana Lottery General Information
Louisiana Lotteries Drawing Days and Times
The following table lists the drawing schedule of all Louisiana lottery games. Drawing times are local and approximate.
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Time|
|Pick 3||Everyday||10 p.m|
|Pick 4||Everyday||10 p.m|
|Easy 5||Wednesday and Saturday||10 p.m|
|Lotto||Wednesday and Saturday||10 p.m|
|Powerball||Wednesday and Saturday||10 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Tuesday and Friday||10 p.m|
Louisiana Lottery Games - Types, Top Prizes, Odds
The following is a compact summary of each Louisiana lottery game. It includes a brief description of how to play a game, the top
prizes/jackpots, and the odds of winning the top prize. You can click on a game name for detailed information.
|Game||How to Play||Top Prize||Top Prize Odds|
|Pick 3||Select 3-digits 000 to 999||$500||1 in 1,000|
|Pick 4||Select 4-digits 0000 to 9999||$5,000||1 in 10,000|
|Easy 5||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 37||$50,000 |
|1 in 435,897 |
|Lotto||Select 6 numbers, 1 through 40 ||Jackpot |
|1 in 3,838,380 |
|Powerball||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 59 |
+ 1 Powerball number, 1 through 39
|1 in 195,249,054|
|Mega Millions||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 56 |
+ 1 Megaball number, 1 through 46
|1 in 175,711,536|
Top prizes listed with "rollover" are the starting amount. The Jackpot prizes will grow after every draw until someone wins.
Pari-mutuel prize structure means players' winnings are determined by dividing the prize pool allocated for that winning category by the
number of winners.
Louisiana Lottery General Rules and Regulations
The following are the most prominent rules and regulations that the player should be aware of before playing the Louisiana lottery games.
- Louisiana Lottery players must be 21 years of age or older.
- Louisiana Lottery tickets should not be purchased over the phone and cannot be legally purchased over the Internet. Buy your
tickets in person only from authorized Louisiana Lottery retailers
- The ticket, not the playslip, shall be the only valid proof of the selections made and the only valid instrument for claiming a prize.
- Signing the back of your ticket is the single most important thing you can do to protect yourself from theft and demonstrate ownership of the ticket.
- Even though regulations allow credit cards to be used to purchase Lottery tickets, retailers can decide what form of payment
they will accept and some do not accept credit cards to buy Lottery tickets.
You can see the
Louisiana Lottery Play Smart page,
Louisiana Lottery FAQ page
Claiming Prizes of the Louisiana Lottery
Here are the steps you have to follow if you are a lucky winner of any Louisiana lottery,
- Louisiana Lottery players have 180 days from the draw date to claim their prize. If a prize is not claimed within 180 days,
it is returned to players in the form of prizes and promotions, such as increased payouts on scratch-offs and additional second-chance promotions.
- Pay attention to the discreet Customer Display Unit when having your ticket cashed. The small screen will tell you whether
or not your ticket is a winner, and if so, how much you have won.
- If you are in doubt about how much you have won, ask the retailer for a receipt. If you are told your ticket is not a winner,
you may request its return. There is no reason for a retailer to keep a nonwinning ticket.
- You may claim prizes in person or by mail.
- Prizes up to $600 may be claimed at any Louisiana Lottery retailer.
- Prizes over $600 may be claimed at any Lottery Office or by mail.
- Lotto Jackpots and Powerball prizes over $510,000 must be claimed at the Louisiana Lottery Headquarters in Baton Rouge ONLY.
- All Louisiana Lottery prizes are subject to state and federal income taxes.
For further information and for procedures on how to claim your prize by mail, please see the
Louisiana lottery How to Claim page
Where do the Louisiana Lottery profits go?
Thirty-five cents of every dollar goes to the state treasury, as defined by the Lottery's statute. The state constitution
provides that Lottery proceeds be dedicated to the Minimum Foundation Program, which funds public education in Louisiana.
Information on Each Louisiana Lottery Game
Further information on each Louisiana lottery lottery game such as how to play, how to win, prizes, etc., is available on
this site at the following pages.
US-Lotteries.com is not in any way affiliated with the Louisiana Lottery. The information listed here is just a summary of important facts
extracted from Louisiana Lottery web site. The main purpose of US-Lotteries.com is to present statistics and analysis of winning numbers, plus, online
tools and calculators such as wheels and combinations generators. Click below to see the contents of the tools available for each game.