Maryland Lottery General Information
Maryland Lotteries Drawing Days and Times
The following table lists the drawing schedule of all Maryland lottery games. Drawing times are local and approximate.
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Time|
|Pick 3 Day||Everyday||12:27 p.m|
|Pick 3 Evening||Everyday||7:56 p.m|
|Pick 4 Day||Everyday||12:27 p.m|
|Pick 4 Evening||Everyday||7:56 p.m|
|Bonus Match 5||Everyday||8 p.m|
|Multi Match||Monday and Thursday ||11:22 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Tuesday and Friday||11 p.m|
|Powerball||Wednesday and Saturday||11 p.m.|
Maryland Lottery Games - Types, Top Prizes, Odds
The following is a compact summary of each Maryland lottery game. It includes a brief description of how to play a game, the top
prizes/jackpots, and the odds of winning the top prize. You can click on a game name for detailed information.
|Game||How to Play||Top Prize||Top Prize Odds|
|Pick 3||Select 3-digits 000 to 999||$500||1 in 1,000|
|Pick 4||Select 4-digits 0000 to 9999||$5,000||1 in 10,000|
|Bonus Match 5||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 39||$50,000||1 in 575,757|
|Multi Match||Select 6 numbers, 1 through 43||Jackpot|
|1 in 6,096,454|
|Mega Millions||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 56 |
+ 1 Megaball number, 1 through 46
|1 in 175,711,536|
|Powerball||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 59 |
+ 1 Powerball number, 1 through 39
|1 in 195,249,054|
Top prizes listed with "rollover" are the starting amount. The Jackpot prizes will grow after every draw until someone wins.
Pari-mutuel prize structure means players' winnings are determined by dividing the prize pool allocated for that winning category by the
number of winners.
Maryland Lottery General Rules and Regulations
The following are the most prominent rules and regulations that the player should be aware of before playing the Maryland lottery games.
- Maryland Lottery players must be 18 years of age or older.
- Maryland Lottery tickets are bearer instruments. For your protection, sign the back of your ticket. Play slips are not valid
receipts. The Maryland Lottery is not responsible for lost, stolen, altered, mutilated, or destroyed tickets.
- The purchaser of the ticket has sole responsibility for checking the accuracy of the data printed on tickets before leaving
the retailer location. Corrections or cancellations must be made at the time of purchase.
- Maryland residents can play Mega Millions and Multi-Match by subscriptions. For more
information about Maryland Lottery subscription game click here.
- Please see also the Maryland Lottery FAQ page
Claiming Prizes of the Maryland Lottery
Here are the steps you have to follow if you are a lucky winner of any Maryland lottery,
- All Maryland Lottery On-line games prizes must be claimed within 182 days from the date of the drawings.
- Prizes of $600 or less may be redeemed at any Maryland Lottery retailer.
- All winning tickets up to $5,000 can be cashed at any Lottery Agent+ or the Maryland Lottery Claim Centers in Baltimore at
Montgomery Park or in Lanham.
- All winning tickets over $5,000 can be claimed at the Maryland Lottery Claim Centers in Baltimore at Montgomery Park or in Lanham.
- All winning tickets over $25,000 can be claimed at the Maryland Lottery Claim Centers and will be paid at a later date after
validation by the Comptroller’s Office.
- For prize payments over $5,000 taxes will be withheld as follows: 25.0% Federal Tax, 9.25% State tax (Maryland residents),
7.5% State Tax (non-Maryland residents). See also Maryland Lottery tax information
For further information, please see the
Maryland lottery How to Claim page.
Where do the Maryland Lottery profits go?
Maryland Lottery revenues are deposited into the State’s General Fund to support such services and programs as education,
public health, human resources, public safety and much more.
More information can be found here.
Information on Each Maryland Lottery Game
Further information on each Maryland lottery lottery game such as how to play, how to win, prizes, etc., is available on
this site at the following pages.
US-Lotteries.com is not in any way affiliated with the Maryland Lottery. The information listed here is just a summary of important facts
extracted from Maryland Lottery web site. The main purpose of US-Lotteries.com is to present statistics and analysis of winning numbers, plus, online
tools and calculators such as wheels and combinations generators. Click below to see the contents of the tools available for each game.
Bonus Match 5