Missouri Lottery General Information
Missouri Lotteries Drawing Days and Times
The following table lists the drawing schedule of all Missouri lottery games. Drawing times are local and approximate.
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Time|
|Pick 3 Day||Everyday||12:45 p.m|
|Pick 3 Evening||Everyday||9 p.m|
|Pick 4 Day||Everyday||12:45 p.m|
|Pick 4 Evening||Everyday||9 p.m|
|Show Me Cash||Everyday||9 p.m|
|Lotto||Wednesday and Saturday||9 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Tuesday and Friday||10 p.m|
|Powerball||Wednesday and Saturday||10 p.m.|
Missouri Lottery Games - Types, Top Prizes, Odds
The following is a compact summary of each Missouri lottery game. It includes a brief description of how to play a game, the top
prizes/jackpots, and the odds of winning the top prize. You can click on a game name for detailed information.
|Game||How to Play||Top Prize||Top Prize Odds|
|Pick 3||Select 3-digits 000 to 999||$600||1 in 1,000|
|Pick 4||Select 4-digits 0000 to 9999||$6,000||1 in 10,000|
|Show Me Cash||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 39||$50,000+|
|1 in 575,757|
|Lotto||Select 6 numbers, 1 through 44||$1,000,000+|
|1 in 3,529,526|
|Mega Millions||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 56 |
+ 1 Megaball number, 1 through 46
|1 in 175,711,536|
|Powerball||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 59 |
+ 1 Powerball number, 1 through 39
|1 in 195,249,054|
Top prizes listed with "rollover" are the starting amount. The Jackpot prizes will grow after every draw until someone wins.
Pari-mutuel prize structure means players' winnings are determined by dividing the prize pool allocated for that winning category by the
number of winners.
Missouri Lottery General Rules and Regulations
The following are the most prominent rules and regulations that the player should be aware of before playing the Missouri lottery games.
- Missouri Lottery players must be 18 years of age or older.
- It is the player’s responsibility to check his or her ticket to make sure it represents the correct game, draw date, numbers
requested and has a visible bar code or serial number
- The ticket, not the playslip, is the only valid proof of your number selection, and it is the only valid receipt to claim a
- A ticket is a bearer instrument. It is recommended that the ticket be signed at the time of purchase.
- The Missouri Lottery is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Tickets are void and will not be paid if determined stolen,
unissued, illegible, mutilated, altered in whole or part, misregistered, defective, incomplete, printed or produced in error,
multiply-printed, or if the ticket fails any of the Missouri Lottery’s confidential validation tests. Liability for void tickets
is limited to replacement of the ticket or refund of sales price.
- The holder of a winning ticket may win in only one prize category per $1 or 50-cent play board and shall be paid the prize
in the highest category won.
- Please see also the Missouri Lottery Games Official Rules.
Claiming Prizes of the Missouri Lottery
Here are the steps you have to follow if you are a lucky winner of any Missouri lottery,
- Winning tickets must be claimed within 180 days of the last winning draw date on the ticket.
- Any Lottery prize may be claimed in person or by mail.
- Missouri Lottery retailers may be able to redeem prizes up to $600 (pending the store's cash balances for that day). You can
also claim your prize in person at any of the Lottery's offices.
- For any prize of $601 and above, you must submit an official Missouri Lottery winner claim form with your winning ticket. A
photo ID is also required when claiming your prize. It is also your responsibility to complete IRS Form W-9 — Request for Taxpayer
Identification Number and Certification. This form is required for any taxable winnings of $601 and above.
- Prizes which are $1 million and higher, are paid either in annual installments or in a lump sum.
- All Lottery winnings are subject to federal and state taxes. The Missouri Lottery is required to withhold 4% Missouri
state tax on prizes of $601 or more, along with 25% federal tax for prizes of more than $5,000. Winners may owe additional
taxes for the prize or they may receive a refund, depending on personal income.
For further information, please see the
Missouri lottery How to Claim page.
Where do the Missouri Lottery profits go?
Approximately 26.6 cents of every dollar spent on the Missouri Lottery benefits Missouri's public education programs.
"Lottery funds help support a variety of programs including the A+ program, Virtual Schools, Special Education Excess Costs,
construction of college and university buildings, library acquisitions and educational scholarships. These programs and others
that receive Lottery money provide the resources that help Missouri students fulfill their individual dreams — dreams that define
Missouri's future and ultimately benefit all of Missouri residents."
More information can be found here
Information on Each Missouri Lottery Game
Further information on each Missouri lottery lottery game such as how to play, how to win, prizes, etc., is available on
this site at the following pages.
US-Lotteries.com is not in any way affiliated with the Missouri Lottery. The information listed here is just a summary of important facts
extracted from Missouri Lottery web site. The main purpose of US-Lotteries.com is to present statistics and analysis of winning numbers, plus, online
tools and calculators such as wheels and combinations generators. Click below to see the contents of the tools available for each game.
Show Me Cash