Montana Lottery General Information
Montana Lotteries Drawing Days and Times
The following table lists the drawing schedule of all Montana lottery games. Drawing times are local and approximate.
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Time|
|10 Spot Day||Everyday||12:30 p.m|
|10 Spot Evening||Everyday||7:30 p.m|
|Montana Cash||Wednesday and Saturday||8:30 p.m|
|Powerball||Wednesday and Saturday||9 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Tuesday and Friday||9 p.m|
|Hot Lotto||Wednesday and Saturday||8:40 p.m.|
|Wild Card2||Wednesday and Saturday||8:40 p.m.|
Montana Lottery Games - Types, Top Prizes, Odds
The following is a compact summary of each Montana lottery game. It includes a brief description of how to play a game, the top
prizes/jackpots, and the odds of winning the top prize. You can click on a game name for detailed information.
|Game||How to Play||Top Prize||Top Prize Odds|
|10 Spot||Select 10 numbers, 1 through 80||$25,000||1 in 8,911,711 |
|Montana Cash||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 37||$20,000+|
|1 in 217,949|
|Powerball||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 59 |
+ 1 Powerball number, 1 through 39
|1 in 195,249,054|
|Mega Millions||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 56 |
+ 1 Megaball number, 1 through 46
|1 in 175,711,536|
|Hot Lotto||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 39 |
+ 1 Hot Ball number, 1 through 19
|1 in 10,939,383|
|Wild Card2||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 31 |
+ 1 Card Face, from 16 combinatios
|1 in 2,718,576|
Top prizes listed with "rollover" are the starting amount. The Jackpot prizes will grow after every draw until someone wins.
Pari-mutuel prize structure means players' winnings are determined by dividing the prize pool allocated for that winning category by the
number of winners.
The odds MT Cash are half of a 5/37 game since you get 2 plays for $1.
Montana Lottery General Rules and Regulations
The following are the most prominent rules and regulations that the player should be aware of before playing the Montana lottery games.
- Montana Lottery players must be 18 years of age or older.
- You cannot purchase Montana Lottery tickets over the Internet or by mail.
- Montana law prohibits paying for Lottery tickets with a credit card.
- The ticket, not the playslip, shall be the only valid proof of the selections made and the only valid instrument for claiming a prize.
- The Montana Lottery is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Protect yourself by signing the back of your tickets and
include your address and Social Security number. Remember: Lottery tickets are bearer instruments. Unless signed, anyone in
possession of the ticket can file a claim.
- You do not have to be an Montana resident or a citizen of the USA to play and win.
- You can see the Montana Lottery FAQ page.
Claiming Prizes of the Montana Lottery
Here are the steps you have to follow if you are a lucky winner of any Montana lottery,
- Montana Lottery players have six months from the draw date to claim their prize. All unclaimed prize money is
transferred to the state's General Fund.
- You may claim prizes in person or by mail.
- Prizes of $599 or less may be claimed at any Montana Lottery retailer.
- Prizes of over $599 must be claimed at Lottery headquarters in Helena or by mailing the signed tickets with a claim form to
- All Montana Lottery prizes are subject to state and federal income taxes. 10% state tax and 25% federal tax are withheld from
any prize more than $5,000.
For further information and for procedures on how to claim your prize by mail, please see the
Montana lottery How to Claim page
and List of Montana lottery prizes that have not yet been claimed.
Where do the Montana Lottery profits go?
Lottery proceeds go to the state's General Fund. The General Fund provides money for state programs which do not have dedicated
revenue sources, such as education, health, and public safety, to name a few. Where Lottery proceeds go is a function of the
Legislature, not the Montana Lottery.
More information can be found at: here
Information on Each Montana Lottery Game
Further information on each Montana lottery lottery game such as how to play, how to win, prizes, etc., is available on
this site at the following pages.
US-Lotteries.com is not in any way affiliated with the Montana Lottery. The information listed here is just a summary of important facts
extracted from Montana Lottery web site. The main purpose of US-Lotteries.com is to present statistics and analysis of winning numbers, plus, online
tools and calculators such as wheels and combinations generators. Click below to see the contents of the tools available for each game.