New Hampshire Lottery General Information
The New Hampshire Lottery plays three tri-state games - Pick 3 (with midday and evening draws), Pick 4
(with midday and evening draws), and Megabucks Plus.
Also, three multiple-state games - Powerball, Mega Millions, and Hot Lotto; plus, the recently launched New England States' game, Lucky for Life.
Compared to other states, the New Hampshire Lottery offers one of the highest variety of lottery games.
There is no information on how New Hampshire lottery numbers are drawn.
This page is a quick reference, or a summary of the most relevant information contained in the New Hampshire Lottery
web site. Links to details are provided for more pertinent information.
On this page...
New Hampshire Lotteries Drawing Days and Times
The following table lists the drawing schedule of all New Hampshire lottery games. Drawing times are local and approximate.
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Time|
|Pick 3 Day||Everyday||1 p.m|
|Pick 3 Evening||Everyday||6:50 p.m|
|Pick 4 Day||Everyday||1 p.m|
|Pick 4 Evening||Everyday||6:50 p.m|
|Megabucks Plus||Wednesday and Saturday||8 p.m.|
|Powerball||Wednesday and Saturday||11 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Tuesday and Friday||11 p.m|
|Hot Lotto||Wednesday and Saturday||10:40 p.m.|
|Lucky for Life||Monday and Thursday||10:38 p.m|
New Hampshire Lottery Games - Types, Top Prizes, Odds
The following is a compact summary of each New Hampshire lottery game. It includes a brief description of how to play a game, the top
prizes/jackpots, and the odds of winning the top prize. You can click on a game name for detailed information.
|Game||How to Play||Top Prize||Top Prize Odds|
|Pick 3||Select 3-digits 000 to 999||$500||1 in 1,000|
|Pick 4||Select 4-digits 0000 to 9999||$5,000||1 in 10,000|
|Megabucks Plus||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 41 |
+ 1 number, 1 through 6
| 1 in 4,496,388|
|Powerball||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 59 |
+ 1 Powerball number, 1 through 35
|1 in 175,223,510|
|Mega Millions||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 56 |
+ 1 Megaball number, 1 through 46
|1 in 175,711,536|
|Hot Lotto||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 39 |
+ 1 Hot Ball number, 1 through 19
|1 in 10,939,383|
|Lucky for Life||Select 5 numbers from 1 to 40 |
+ 1 Lucky Ball, 1 to 21
|$1,000 a day for life|
|1 in 13,818,168|
Top prizes listed with "rollover" are the starting amount. The Jackpot prizes will grow after every draw until someone wins.
Pari-mutuel prize structure means players' winnings are determined by dividing the prize pool allocated for that winning category by the
number of winners.
New Hampshire Lottery General Rules and Regulations
The following are the most prominent rules and regulations that the player should be aware of before playing the New Hampshire lottery games.
- New Hampshire Lottery players must be 18 years of age or older.
- The New Hampshire State Lottery cannot be purchsed over the internet.
- The ticket, not the playslip, shall be the only valid proof of the selections made and the only valid instrument for claiming a prize.
- The New Hampshire State Lottery is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. To protect yourself and your winnings, we strongly encourage
you to sign the back of your ticket. Lottery tickets are bearer instruments; therefore, without a name and address on the back of
the ticket, anyone in possession of the ticket can file a claim.
- You do not have to be an New Hampshire resident or a citizen of the USA to play and win.
- For further information, please see: New Hampshire Lottery FAQ page
and New Hampshire Lottery Rules page.
Claiming Prizes of the New Hampshire Lottery
Here are the steps you have to follow if you are a lucky winner of any New Hampshire lottery,
- New Hampshire Lottery players have one year from the draw date to claim their prize.
- You may claim prizes in person or by mail.
- New Hampshire state law requires the winner's name, town and amount won be available for public information.
- Prizes of $599.99 or less may be claimed at any New Hampshire Lottery retailer.
- Prizes of over $600 shall be claimed at the Lottery Commission headquarters only. You will need to present
a valid form of a government issued identification card.
- All New Hampshire Lottery prizes are subject to state and federal income taxes. A 10% gambling tax that is withheld from all
lottery winnings of $600 or more. There is also a federal tax withholding of 25% for any winnings over $5,000.
For further information and for procedures on how to claim your prize by mail, please see the
New Hampshire lottery How to Claim page.
Where do the New Hampshire Lottery profits go?
Approximately 30 cents of each dollar we take in goes back to the state in the form of aid to education.
More information can be found at: here
Information on Each New Hampshire Lottery Game
Further information on each New Hampshire lottery lottery game such as how to play, how to win, prizes, etc., is available on
this site at the following pages.
US-Lotteries.com is not in any way affiliated with the New Hampshire Lottery. The information listed here is just a summary of important facts
extracted from New Hampshire Lottery web site. The main purpose of US-Lotteries.com is to present statistics and analysis of winning numbers, plus, online
tools and calculators such as wheels and combinations generators. Click below to see the contents of the tools available for each game.
Lucky for Life