New Mexico Lottery General Information
New Mexico Lotteries Drawing Days and Times
The following table lists the drawing schedule of all New Mexico lottery games. Drawing times are local and approximate.
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Time|
|Pick 3||Everyday ecxept Sunday||9:45 p.m|
|Roadrunner Cash||Everyday ecxept Sunday||9:45 p.m|
|Powerball||Wednesday and Saturday||9 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Tuesday and Friday||9 p.m|
|Hot Lotto||Wednesday and Saturday||9 p.m.|
New Mexico Lottery Games - Types, Top Prizes, Odds
The following is a compact summary of each New Mexico lottery game. It includes a brief description of how to play a game, the top
prizes/jackpots, and the odds of winning the top prize. You can click on a game name for detailed information.
|Game||How to Play||Top Prize||Top Prize Odds|
|Pick 3||Select 3-digits 000 to 999||$600||1 in 1,000|
|Roadrunner Cash||Select 5 numbers, 1 to 37 ||$50,000+|
|1 in 435,897|
|Powerball||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 59 |
+ 1 Powerball number, 1 through 39
|1 in 195,249,054|
|Mega Millions||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 56 |
+ 1 Megaball number, 1 through 46
|1 in 175,711,536|
|Hot Lotto||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 39 |
+ 1 Hot Ball number, 1 through 19
|1 in 10,939,383|
Top prizes listed with "rollover" are the starting amount. The Jackpot prizes will grow after every draw until someone wins.
Pari-mutuel prize structure means players' winnings are determined by dividing the prize pool allocated for that winning category by the
number of winners.
New Mexico Lottery General Rules and Regulations
The following are the most prominent rules and regulations that the player should be aware of before playing the New Mexico lottery games.
- New Mexico Lottery players must be 18 years of age or older.
- New Mexico State Lottery tickets may only be purchased at a retailer under contract with the NMLA. NM Lottery tickets are not sold over the Internet or by mail.
- It is the player’s responsibility to check his or her ticket to make sure it represents the correct game, draw date, numbers
requested and has a visible bar code or serial number
- A lottery ticket may be cancelled on the terminal that produced it within 15 minutes of purchase before sales end for that game.
- A ticket that has been legally issued by a Lottery Game Retailer is a bearer instrument until a name is signed or placed on
the lottery ticket in the area designated.
- The person who signs or places their name on the ticket is considered the bearer of the ticket. When a name is placed in the
designated area, the person whose name appears in that area is the owner of the ticket and is entitled to any prize attributable
to that ticket.
- All New Mexico Lottery prizes are subject to state and federal income taxes.
- You may also see the New Mexico Lottery On-line Game Rules page.
Claiming Prizes of the New Mexico Lottery
Here are the steps you have to follow if you are a lucky winner of any New Mexico lottery,
Where do the New Mexico Lottery profits go?
Part of every dollar spent on Lottery tickets benefits students from across the state to attend New Mexico public colleges,
universities and technical colleges with the help of Legislative Lottery Scholarships.
The Legislative Lottery Scholarship Pays 100% of tuition for eight consecutive semesters of eligibility beginning with the
second semester of college enrollment. No application is required and the program may be used at 25 public colleges, junior
colleges or universities in New Mexico.
More information can be found here.
Information on Each New Mexico Lottery Game
Further information on each New Mexico lottery lottery game such as how to play, how to win, prizes, etc., is available on
this site at the following pages.
US-Lotteries.com is not in any way affiliated with the New Mexico Lottery. The information listed here is just a summary of important facts
extracted from New Mexico Lottery web site. The main purpose of US-Lotteries.com is to present statistics and analysis of winning numbers, plus, online
tools and calculators such as wheels and combinations generators. Click below to see the contents of the tools available for each game.