Rhode Island Lottery General Information
Rhode Island Lotteries Drawing Days and Times
The following table lists the drawing schedule of all Rhode Island lottery games. Drawing times are local and approximate.
|Game||Draw Days||Draw Time|
|The Numbers||Everyday||7 p.m|
|Wild Money||Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday ||7:30 p.m|
|Powerball||Wednesday and Saturday||11 p.m.|
|Mega Millions||Tuesday and Friday||11 p.m|
|Lucky for Life||Monday and Thursday||10:38 p.m|
Rhode Island Lottery Games - Types, Top Prizes, Odds
The following is a compact summary of each Rhode Island lottery game. It includes a brief description of how to play a game, the top
prizes/jackpots, and the odds of winning the top prize. You can click on a game name for detailed information.
|Game||How to Play||Top Prize||Top Prize Odds|
|The Numbers||Select 4-digits 0000 to 9999||$5,000||1 in 10,000|
|Wild Money||Select 5 numbers, 1 to 35 ||$20,000+|
|1 in 324,632|
|Mega Millions||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 56 |
+ 1 Megaball number, 1 through 46
|1 in 175,711,536|
|Powerball||Select 5 numbers, 1 through 59 |
+ 1 Powerball number, 1 through 35
|1 in 175,223,510|
|Lucky for Life||Select 5 numbers from 1 to 40 |
+ 1 Lucky Ball, 1 to 21
|$1,000 a day for life|
|1 in 13,818,168|
Top prizes listed with "rollover" are the starting amount. The Jackpot prizes will grow after every draw until someone wins.
Pari-mutuel prize structure means players' winnings are determined by dividing the prize pool allocated for that winning category by the
number of winners.
Rhode Island Lottery General Rules and Regulations
The following are the most prominent rules and regulations that the player should be aware of before playing the Rhode Island lottery games.
- Rhode Island Lottery players must be 18 years of age or older.
- Rhode Island State Lottery tickets must be purchased from authorized lottery retailers.
- Current law prohibits sales of lottery tickets by phone, mail or Internet. Also, federal interstate trade laws prohibit the
sale of tickets across state lines.
- The Rhode Island Lottery is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Protect yourself by signing the back of your tickets,
and include your address and social security number. Lottery tickets are bearer instruments. Unless signed, anyone in possession
of a winning ticket can collect the prize.
- All Rhode Island Lottery prizes are subject to state and federal income taxes.
- You may also see the Rhode Island Lottery Rules page
and Rhode Island Lottery FAQ page.
Claiming Prizes of the Rhode Island Lottery
Here are the steps you have to follow if you are a lucky winner of any Rhode Island lottery,
- All prizes for on-line games (The Numbers, Wild Money, Keno, PowerBall, and Mega Millions) must be claimed within one year of drawing date.
- Prizes of $599 or less can be claimed at any Rhode Island Lottery retailer.
- Prizes over $599 must be claimed at Lottery Headquarters, 1425 Pontiac Ave., Cranston, Rhode Island 02920.
- For prizes over $599, you must provide your photo identification and your Social Security number to receive a W-2 tax form.
- The Lottery withholds 25% for federal taxes and 7% for RI State taxes from each prize over $5,000.00.
- Out-of-state winners are responsible for reporting the income in their respective states.
- For further information, please see the
Rhode Island lottery FAQ page
Where do the Rhode Island Lottery profits go?
In general, revenues from all Rhode Island Lottery games are divided as follows:
- 67.9% prize awards
- 18.3 % General Fund
- 13.2 % commissions
- 0.6% lottery operations and other costs.
Of the money that is placed into the state’s General Fund, it is distributed among the state’s 39 communities for programs in
Human Services, Education, General Government, Public Safety and Natural Resources. Additionally, certain funds are allocated
to the Distressed Communities Relief Fund.
More information can be found here.
Information on Each Rhode Island Lottery Game
Further information on each Rhode Island lottery lottery game such as how to play, how to win, prizes, etc., is available on
this site at the following pages.
US-Lotteries.com is not in any way affiliated with the Rhode Island Lottery. The information listed here is just a summary of important facts
extracted from Rhode Island Lottery web site. The main purpose of US-Lotteries.com is to present statistics and analysis of winning numbers, plus, online
tools and calculators such as wheels and combinations generators. Click below to see the contents of the tools available for each game.
Lucky for Life